The Himachal Pradesh state government has issued certain guidelines for travelers in line with the government’s recent Unlock 4.0 order. While inter-state buses will continue to remain suspended until further orders, those entering the state will be required to undergo institutional or home quarantine, barring certain exceptions. However, some relaxations have been issued in view of entry of tourists in the state.
Here is all that you need to keep in mind before you plan a visit to Himachal Pradesh.
• Those who wish to visit the hill station will be required to follow all the guidelines issued by the state government.
• The minimum duration of stay has been reduced to two nights across multiple locations
• The visiting tourist can opt to get Trunaat/CB Naat Test (negative report) as an alternative to RT-PCR test. However, they need to bear in mind that the test needs to be done from an authorized/accredited laboratory, and not less than 96 hours before entering the state border.
• The 96-hour timeline will be counted till the state border, and not for any internal checkpoints.
• Tourists will need to get registered themselves on the state’s official website, i.e., www.covid19epass.hp.gov, which should not be at least 24 hours before visiting the state under a tourist category.
• Children less than 10 years of age can skip the mandatory testing procedure, provided the adults accompanying him have undergone tests, and have requisite proofs regarding the same.
• The driver, if just dropping off the travellers, will not be required to undergo a quarantine process.
• Tourists will be required to have Arogya Setu app downloaded on their phones.
• Those travelling to the state are advised to follow responsible and safe tourism.